- Speak and… Reach Helen Norton will offer a practical workshop for all those who stand up to speak at parish liturgies such as Ministers of Welcome, Cantors, Prayer Leaders or Ministers of the Word. Helen always uses humour to get the best out of those who participate in her workshops so be prepared to move from your seat!!
- Praise and…Sing Caroline Cutliffe will show how the Laudate Music Programme for Primary Schools can be used in a range of parish events as she explores this year’s programme. She will offer tips for working with young voices and she will show how this material (16 songs) has a place in mainstream liturgies where people of all ages should feel welcome as they celebrate the ‘Joy of the Gospel’.
- Connect and… Celebrate Ian Callanan will explore the Emmanuel 2018 Music Programme for Second Level Schools. This material (21 songs) includes three pieces specially written to celebrate the World Meeting of Families. It would be great if those who learn this programme can hear them used beyond the school and the Helix in the heart of the parish family celebrations. Parish music groups would be especially welcome and will find a store of contemporary music on various themes.
- Welcome and … Linger Pat O’Donoghue will lead this imaginative, prayerful and practical workshop on the importance of ‘welcome’ in our liturgies and how this can be experienced at various levels and stages in a variety of parish liturgies. He will also suggest ways for enabling people to extend the hospitality of the liturgy beyond the notes of the final song.
- Cherish and… Challenge Colm Hogan and representatives of Trócaire will highlight the importance of marking the ‘Season of Creation’ from1 September to 4 October each year. It won’t be too late to use some of the ideas shared as October is a traditional month for harvest thanksgiving and for gathering awareness of the precious gifts of creation. This is in keeping with Trócaire’s work on climate change and the promotion of the values of Laudato Si (Care for our Common Home – Pope Francis) and links liturgy with real life.
- Life… to the full Fr. Peter Conaty will inspire this workshop with his gentle and challenging insights which will be of use to the ‘liturgical family’ as they reflect on the call of Jesus to celebrate the fullness of life.
Please return booking form (available in our downloads, one per person – photocopy as many forms as you need) to the Liturgy Resource Centre, Holy Cross College, Clonliffe, Dublin 3, by Monday 25 September 2017. Please enclose payment €10 per person with this booking form. Cheques made payable to DUBLIN DIOCESAN CENTRAL SERVICES. (please note change)
Enquiries 01 8087554. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org