The music suggested in this Lenten programme is taken from a variety of sources with special emphasis on the collection In Caelo (Veritas).
Entrance Songs Bless the Lord (Taizé)
All sing: Bless the Lord my soul, and bless God’s holy name.
Bless the Lord my soul who leads me into life.
Grant to us, O Lord (Lucien Deiss)
All sing: Grant to us, O Lord, a heart renewed
Recreate in us your own spirit, Lord
Penitential Rite Kyrie (Seán Ó Riada)
All sing: A Thiarna déan trócaire, A Chríost déan trócaire,
A Thiarna dean trócaire
1. Psalm 24 (Fintan O’Carroll)
All sing: Your ways, Lord, are faithfulness and love
for those who keep your covenant
2. Psalm 115 (Fintan O’Carroll)
All sing: I will walk in the presence of the Lord
in the land of the living
3. Psalm 18 (Marty Haugen)
All sing: Lord, you have the words of everlasting life
4. Psalm 136 (Ian Callanan)
All sing: If I forget you, Jerusalem , let my right hand be withered
If I forget you, Jerusalem , O silence my voice.
5. Psalm 50 (Michael Joncas)
All sing: Be merciful, O Lord for we have sinned
6. Psalm 21 (Liam Lawton)
All sing: My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
Why have you forsaken me?
Gospel Acclamation Glory to You (David Haas)
All sing: Glory to you, O Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ
Presentation of Gifts
1. You are mine (David Haas)
2. Clouds’ Veil (Liam Lawton
3. A Dhia’s a Athair (Tom Egan)
4. Attende Domine (Plainchant)
5. The Servant King (Graham Kendrick )
6. Pierced Saviour (Sue Furlong)
Eucharistic Prayer Acclamations – International Mass (Tom Egan)
All sing: Hosanna in the Highest
All sing: My Lord and my God
All sing: Amen, Amen
Breaking of Bread Lamb of God (Seoirse Bodley)
1. In the days to come (Marty Haugen)
2. Pity then the child (Liam Lawton)
3. Deus meus adiuva me (Traditional)
4. My Son has gone away (Bob Dufford)
5. Unless a grain of wheat (Bernadette Farrell)
6. Now we remain (David Haas)